Mini-Millionaires and Teen Banking Club
Mini-Millionaires Club- Instilling Good Financial Habits at a Young Age
Target age group: newborn through age 12
The sooner kids can be exposed to money – what it is, how it is used, spending and saving – the sooner they can develop solid financial habits. CBI Bank & Trust helps kids in our communities get started by offering the Mini-Millionaires Club.
The Mini-Millionaires Club is a great way for you to get your child used to saving money, illustrating the difference between deposits and withdrawals and managing an account using an account register. Here’s how the club works:
- The child is enrolled by their parent or guardian and a Regular Savings account is opened, as it has no monthly fee or minimum balances for account holders under age 18.
- A Welcome Bag is included in enrollment in the club
- Your child will begin receiving “Money Clips,” a newsletter filled with great tips about saving and managing money.
- There is an annual Mini-Millionaires party, a fun event for all ages!
- Upon reaching age 13, Mini-Millionaires members automatically graduate to our Teen Banking Club.
Teen Banking Club- Financial Habits for Increased Responsibility
Target age group: teens 13-18 years old
As your child transitions into being a teenager, their perspective on money and their financial responsibilities begin to change. They get their first part-time job, start driving and have more wants and needs when it comes to money. CBI Bank & Trust’s Teen Banking Club helps your child transition to adult-level banking services. Features of the Teen Banking Club include:
- A punch card provided at enrollment. Punches are made for every deposit, resulting in a $20 VISA® gift card when the punch card is full
- A cash bonus is awarded for good grades in school
- Membership automatically ends at age 19
Contact Renee Sloan at CBI Bank & Trust
To help your child learn financial habits they can use for life, contact Renee Sloan at CBI Bank & Trust today.